Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf Day / Open DebConf Day / Debian Day / etc

On Thursday 18 March 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Donnerstag, 18. März 2010, Richard Darst wrote:
> > In some past years, when this was Debian Day and more focused on
> > getting outside decision-makers and talking about the benefits of free
> > software to them.  This happened (at least sometimes) one of the days
> > between DebCamp and DebConf (or during DebCamp).

That'd mean we'll not have as many people from DebConf attending as it would
be possible otherwise, which is fine is the open day is for people outside
DebConf. OTOH, I was hoping for an opportunity for developers and users to
mingle and share views, goals, etc. (which I see is very different than
targeting decision makers.)

> > These are other options to consider.  This year we could possibly go
> > either way, depending on how much time we have to set things up.
> >
> > What do you all think?
>
> What are those other options?
>
> I think a DebConfOpenDay or a DebianDay (which IMO is the same jsut with a
> different name) is a good thing to have and do.

Debian Day is shorter and has a better punch to it. And I agree both names
seem the same and it'll be great to have it.

P.