Re: [Debconf-team] Announcement: Global team meeting Nov 18, 21 UTC; but keep reading

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 05:07:45PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:22:07PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > - About CFP:
> >   -what will motivate a speaker to send a proposal before the first deadline?
>
> Simple: they get a response sooner, and they can make their travel/other plans
> earlier if their attendance depends on the acceptance of their talk. The idea
> is that both speakers and many attendees can plan better when they know at
> least some of the accepted talks earlier, even if not everyone will be ready by
> then.

Ok. I am fearing most of the people will postpone it to the second deadline
and I am also concerned for rejecting talks too soon that end being better
proposal that late ones.

> > I think the sponsorship guidelines should be discussed soon also and
> > published when the registration opens. No sure if it is a good idea
> > discussing it in this meeting without a draft.
>
> I think we had a draft partially developed during the October 21 meeting; check
> http://meetbot.debian.net/ to read the log and/or summary. I need to check with
> one perennial sponsor before finalizing the levels (see October log for
> details) but I think it can be ready soon enough to discuss this meeting. If
> this turns out not to be true, we can always skip it.

I was talking about sponsorship guidelines for people requesting travel/food/lodging
sponsorship. Mostly explaining how it works and what to expect. There is a
already a proposal about a queue for bed/food sponsoring but the most
problematic part in previous years was the travel sponsorship. Mostly because
everybody got bed+food, even later comers.

Ana