Re: [Debconf-team] Announcement: Global team meeting Nov 18, 21 UTC; but keep reading

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 02:30:56PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> * In advance, please read the agenda and especially the two timeline-related
>   proposals linked from the agenda, so we can discuss them during the meeting.
>
>   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Meetings

Some questions:

- About CFP:
  -what will motivate a speaker to send a proposal before the first deadline?
  -I think the second deadline is too soon, I propose postpone it a
  couple of weeks to May 15th and having the results (public list of accepted
  talks) by 1st of June.

- About Registration:
  - IMHO, separate food and lodging sponsorhip is a good idea. For what I have
	seen in previous year, a lot people do not mind payinng for food since it is
	an expense they would have to pay anyway.
  - About "Since we are starting so early, we still let people know their
	sponsorship status sooner than most past conferences". This might be valid
	for food and lodging sponsorship, specially with the sponsored spots idea
	for this year. But one of the reasons why travel sponsorship was confirmed
	so late previous years was due to the budget problems. However, I am quite
	optimist about this year :)

I think the sponsorship guidelines should be discussed soon also and published
when the registration opens. No sure if it is a good idea discussing it in this
meeting without a draft.

Ana