[Debconf-team] [Urgent] Has problem to process visa application in Taiwan]

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 04:52:04PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:41:37PM +0800, Andrew Lee wrote:
>
> > Let me added more info and attach the invitation letter Anto sent to me:
>
> Thanks.
>
> Anto, a few notes on improving it:
>
>  1. Andrew's name in characters does not show here.
>  2. Try using:
>     Dear LEE, CHIEN-CHIU (Andrew) 李健秋
>     so that if the characters don't show, it doesn't look like a
>     placeholder space that wasn't fill in.
>  3. Make it look formal, use a letterhead with the name of the
>     organisation and its contact information
>  4. You talk about "the organization responsible for conducting the
>     conference DebConf9" and you don't even put the name of it: of
>     course the visa office will refuse it.
>  5. The letter is not signed. You just need to scan your signature,
>     paste it in OpenOffice in the right place and export to PDF, that
>     will do.
>  6. Once you got a formal-looking letter, fax it, or have someone fax
>     it. I could fax it for you, but it'll appear to be faxed by an
>     Italian number, which could raise an eyebrow.
>
> In the meantime, if Anto is busy, could anyone of the others in Cc
> answer with the name of the "organisation" and its full contact
> information, and possibly a logo? I can try and draft a more formal
> looking letter.

I have just saw all this (I was in VAC) there is still something that I can
do? I do not understand whether Anto was able to send all the stuff or not.

For what I have understood we need:
- improve letter following enrico's guide.
- fax it to the spanish chamber of commerce together a copy of passport from
who is inviting, phone them and tell them it is about andrew's visa.
- i guess also send a copy to andrew

If somebody takes care of writing the stuff, I could try to get a way to fax it
tomorrow and invite Andrew myself.

I am not sure about how to handle the "accomodation" stuff, tho.

Ana