Re: [Debconf-team] Problem scheduling early events [Was: How to open an RT ticket]

2009/7/5 Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debconf.org>:

> *EVERYONE* in the world can open rt tickets. Its as simple as sending
>  mail.

Please give a pointer to the docs or the address which I have to send
the mail to.  rt.debconf.org asks for login which fails for me.  If this page
would contain the information where to send a mail this would be really
helpful.

> I still see *no* good thing in events at 4am. The one single "we go out
> running" can surely be done otherwise.

Please specify how you would exactly do this "otherwise".  Last year
we decided to schedule events like this normaly and I see no reason to
do otherwise because it is just practical.

> Anyway, conference days now start at 03:00. And now schedule team can
> have fun correcting the whole schedule or attendees looking at it will
> scream out in horror at those times. :)

Thanks for this.
Could we agree for next year to set this *from* *the* *beginning*.
I pointed this out last year and also in the preparation of this years
scheduling at April 2nd[1].

I *try* to start with moving the events *after* I packet for my trip if
time permits.  Tackling things like this early helps splitting the amount
of work onto more shoulders (or avoids hassle like this at all).  Well,
and at least *I* insist that it is a bug in Penta not to use local time
as the basis for the time of an event but an *artificial Penta time*.

Thanks for fixing this anyway

      Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20090402.075605.a46a2ceb.en.html
--