Re: [Debconf-team] Network Cables

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:06:20PM +0100, Stephen Gran said:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 06:21:47PM +0200, César Gómez Martín said:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > These are the prices I got for the network cables CAT5:
> > - 305 meters = 117 €
> > - 100 connectors = 45 €
> >
> > Normal price:
> > - 305 meters = 137 €
> > - 100 connectors = 62 €
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Those prices are about normal.  One thing I might do before buying is to
> check with Julia Freeman - she and some coworkers of hers did a lovely
> job with helping us cable in EDI, and she is scheduled to arrive for the
> first day of debconf.  I remember she brought quite a lot of cabling and
> so on to EDI, and while I haven't checked with her for this year, she
> may be willing to donate time and cabling again.
>
> On the other hand, this may be more effort than it's worth for a few
> hundred €, but I thought I'd mention it.

I've just checked with Julia, and she may or may not be able to make
debconf this year - it's still a bit up in the air.  However, she has
several boxes of cat5 she is willing to lend us.  I'll just need to find
someone to swing by and pick it up on the way.  Sledge?
|  Stephen Gran                  |  The judge fined the jaywalker fifty    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | dollars and told him if he was caught   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | again, he would be thrown in jail.      |
|                                | Fine today, cooler tomorrow.            |