Re: [Debconf-team] SPEAKERS!!! check your talk(s)

2009/7/1 Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>:
> I had initially proposed a talk :
> https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc9/event/386 which had been
> refused... so I didn't care anymore.
>
> By checking today, I see it's accepted now :-/

Well, this is because of the general confusion about accepted / rejected
(official / unofficial) talks.  I have not invented this confusing wording but
the short message is: Nobody will stop you from talking at DebConf if
there is room in the schedule.

BTW, the reason for the "rejection" in the first place was the way to
sparse information for the talk committtee to guess what you might
want to talk about.

> I don't mind (on the contrary, it's nice), but I wish I'd had some kind
> of message sent to tell me...

Nobody of debconf-team has thought about doing so because everybody
assumed that people know about this accepted / rejected issue - which
is obviosely wrong and we hope to get this fixed next year.

> Anyway, the problem now is that it's scheduled when I'll already been
> gone back to Madrid then Paris.
>
> If I still/again can present something, could you arrange another
> scheduling between 24rd and 28th where I'll be there fulltime ?

It's now 26.7. at 10:00.  I hope you like this - if not, just tell me.

> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for participating in DebConf

          Andreas.
--