[Debconf-team] Names for events (was: Re: Open Day talks)

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:59:37PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:06:45AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Possibly a proper wording would be "pre-scheduled/scheduled on
> > site"... Although that's also not precisely true.
>
> How about "prioritised / best-effort"? (s/ised/ized/ next year, or use
> "priority" instead both years.)

"best-effort" seems just a little bit too discouraging to me--

Looking at a thesaurus, I see "promoted" and "featured" (and maybe
"supported", but a bit like "sponsored" before).

There is also the very simple "Track One" and "Track Two" which also
indicates they are basically the same.  Similar is "primary" and
"secondary".  A "Social Track", for non-academic events, might help to
clear things up, too.

I think right now I like "featured" and "secondary"(<-not quite
perfect) or "track one" and "track two" best.

- Richard,
who realizes this conversation isn't actually getting us closer to
making a successful debconf