Re: [Debconf-team] Limits for scheduling

Hi Andreas,

On Montag, 15. Juni 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I started GMail calendar to simulate a publicly available
> sheet of scratch paper at

Great. could you please publish a dump for the google-impaired? Thanks a lot.

> We need some fixed dates from the local team as soon as
> possible:

the following times are what Anto and me have just discussed. I suggest these
times are confirmed in the localteam meeting tonight.

>     1. Time of first lecture of a day

at 10 AM

>     2. Lunch break (time and duration)

13:30 til 15:30 lunch
15:30 til 18:00 break, no joke.

>     3. Dinner break (time and duration)

from 21:00 til 23:00

>     4. Time we have to leave the venue

we dont. 31st of july :-D

So talks shall be scheduled from 10-14 and 18-21 only. (And I believe Anto
here.) I wouldnt mind powerpoint karaoke or debian jeopardy or such events
scheduled at 21:00 though :-)

> Moreover:
>     - How many rooms should we schedule

2 talk rooms and one bof room. but the 2nd talk room is definitly suitable for
bofs. maybe we will choose to have 2 bof rooms, but I dont think thats
useful, it rather adds hassle for little win, IMO.

yes, see http://debconf9.debconf.org/dates.xhtml (27th of june)

yes, see http://debconf9.debconf.org/dates.xhtml (28th of june)

>     - At which day maximum number of participeants are presend
>       (to schedule group photo)

please submit and schedule the event in penta, then we can answer that
question later ;-)

> So do we want to follow Ana's rule
>  > wake up early-ish about 6:30/7:00, goes to work from 7:30/8:00 to
>  > 15:00 [*], eat about 15:30 and sleep siesta from 16:00~18:00 or so,
>  > because it is so hot in the afternoon you basically can not do
>  > anything else. Then you go to sleep late about 1:00.
> How does this fit into the lunch / dinner schedule.
> Does it make sense to have an evening time slot after the
> hotest time of day?

See above, I believe this matches with Anas schedule, considering this is not
work and only few people will get up at 7am. 6.5h for talk slots also seems
fine to me.

regards,
	Holger