Re: [Debconf-team] Budget and registration updates

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:08:33AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 05:56:17PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:

> >These numbers are *much* lower than our (my) previous estimates.
> >Which is very good.  (However, they are *not* final enough to use to
> >book things, I may have missed things when manually doing the web
> >search plus it will still change).  We also have a bit more
> >sponsorship since the last updates.  I have checked a new budget sheet
> >into penta.
>
> OK, cool.
>
> >The surplus is now ~35k€.  We can probably release more travel
> >sponsorship, or allocate funds for the dinner or day trip.
>
> Out of interest, what was the surplus previously?

It was about 5k.  It was just about zero when we did travel
sponsorship, then his been slowly increasing as we got more sponsors.

The reason for such a huge surplus now is cutting the amount of meals
I had listed by about half (300 was *way* too high, which I should
have been able to know).  I also removed the "extra accommodation"
which we saw we won't be needing.  These were massive.  It's to the
point where we could repay the 20kUSD Debian loan if we wanted.

We can also talk about funding the dinner or day trip...

- Richard