Re: [Debconf-team] Reconfirmation Deadline

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 07:29:49PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
>OK, another try to have a proposed wording in the right thread:
>
>On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:25:14AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> So, it looks like travel sponsorship decisions will come *very* close
>> to the reconfirmation deadline.  Given the delay in sending out
>> emails, it could even be decided before the deadline but not emailed
>> out on time.
>
>"""
>Hello!
>
>You are getting this message because you have requested travel
>sponsorship.  As you know, the reconfirmation deadline is near, and
>you probably would like to know your sponsorship status before
>reconfirmation.
>
>Thus, we are extending the reconfirmation deadline.  You will have two
>business days after you are notified of your sponsorship position.
>Since we will probably send this out Sunday night, you should assume
>the new deadline is *Tuesday Night*  (By 0600 UTC Wednesday morning.)
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Richard
>
>"""
>
>What do you think?  Permissions or requests for me to send it
>(assuming I get the right emails?)

Go for it.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer