Re: [Debconf-team] Attendees who are currently marked "-- please select one--"

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:03:23PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> So Ganneff and I and others prodded the database today to get some
> statistics on the "-- please select one--" attendees, to figure out
> what to do.

GAH, I replied to the wrong thread with my proposed wording.  I'm
reposting it in the *right* thread so that it will thread properly.

Proposed wording:

"""
Hello!

You are getting this message because your current category in Penta is
"--- please select one ---".  This is in invalid category and,
technically speaking, no longer eligible for sponsorship.  However,
this is such a prevalent problem that it is likely caused by some bug
somewhere, so we can't expect everyone to pay 300€ to register
professional at this point.

Thus, if you would like to be in "Independent (only for early
registrants), please reply to this email (no need to cc -team@).  We
will only reset it if you were registered before the sponsorship
deadline, and hadn't selected any other category in the past.

If you would like to register in the Professional or Corporate
category, please set that yourself and don't reply to this.

You need to reply to this email within a week to be put back into the
sponsored category.

Thanks,
"""

I propose to send To: all relevant attendees, cc'ed debconf-team.

Are there any volunteers to send this and collect the data?  It's ~35
people total.  We also need to decide who actually changes it in penta
(I can't do it), and how.  If not, I can do it if someone db-queries
the addresses.  Or I can copy from the web interface but that's
slower.

If someone has selected "Regular, I (or my company) will pay" for
food, we are not providing a chance to fix that, are we?  I wonder if
the problem extends to the food field, too...

- Richard