Re: [Debconf-team] Reconfirmation Deadline

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 06:04:38PM +0200, Moray Allan wrote:
> Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > I don't think we have a better plan at the moment. I'd be tempted to
> > not actually announce the deadline move, though, and just to give
> > people the extra leeway without telling them unless they've already
> > asked individually...
> >
> Sure.
>
> Equally if we extend the deadline to help people waiting on sponsorship
> news, there's no reason to extend it for the majority of people who
> aren't waiting for that.

Sure, but I would say to announce it soon (via direct mail) to those
who are waiting on sponsorship - to avoid causing grief at having to
decide over the weekend, only to find out it wasn't an issue.

(Though the extension would probably apply to everyone, if they asked
or just reconfirmed late).

So agreed?

- Richard