Re: [Debconf-team] Reconfirmation Deadline

Holger Levsen dijo [Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 11:38:38AM +0200]:
> > I really wish I wasn't replying to myself so much since it makes me
> > seem crazy[0], but I'd like to point out that if you extremely dislike
> > the idea of pushing the deadline, it would be more productive to push
> > for the sponsorship meeting on Friday, and then we can not bend the
> > deadline *and* give the lead time I suggested[1].
>
> Yes, but if we dont have the sponsorship decissions _as well as_ the talk
> selections done by, aeh, today, aeh, I dont think we should keep June 7th as
> deadline. Some people need that information to decide whether they should or
> can come.
>
> (Also talk selection, because eg if they give an official talk their
> university will pay their trip.)
>
> Moving the deadline a week aint thaaat bad, IMO.

In principle I agree with moving the deadline... it makes sense after
all, and we don't have to be so germa^Wrigid.

There is one aspect we need to have as soon as possible (our deadline
is for June 15): The amount and sizes of T-shirt sizes. You will note
I put that point on Monday meeting's agenda.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23