Re: [Debconf-team] Reconfirmation Deadline

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:25:14AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> So, it looks like travel sponsorship decisions will come *very* close
> to the reconfirmation deadline.  Given the delay in sending out
> emails, it could even be decided before the deadline but not emailed
> out on time.

I really wish I wasn't replying to myself so much since it makes me
seem crazy[0], but I'd like to point out that if you extremely dislike
the idea of pushing the deadline, it would be more productive to push
for the sponsorship meeting on Friday, and then we can not bend the
deadline *and* give the lead time I suggested[1].

- Richard

[0] NYC locals might not dispute this either way.

[1] Do you think having one business day to decide would be important
enough to delay until Monday?  e.g., to ask again for money from an
employer.