Re: [Debconf-team] videoteam questions

Hey Holger.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi César, hi Anto,
>
> some questions from the videoteam to the localteam :)
>
> 1. how is the audio situation at MT? Are the speakers, PAs and audio mixers in
> both main talk rooms? We (videoteam) have one suitable mixer and instead of
> renting another mixer I would rather propose buying another (it's about 250e
> and they can be shipped around the world), if there are no speakers and PAs,
> we need to rent them.

Not sure if there are speakers, audio mixers, etc., we have to ask.

> 2. are there any good, PAL, firewire cameras we could borrow or hire from the
> junta or associated associations? We would need at least 2 decent cameras
> (for capturing the speakers), we can bring 2 not-so-good cameras which are
> good enough for audience shots - but absolutly wouldnt mind if we can get 4
> good cameras for free ;) If we cannot borrow cameras, could you please find a
> company where we can hire those?!

I think we can borrow at least 2 firewire cameras from junta, do you
think the one you worked with to set up the icecast server is good
enough?

> 3. I'll be in Cáceres again on the 15th of june for roughly a week. Some day
> between the 15th and the 18th I would like to visit MT again (we have a
> videoteam IRC meeting on the evening of the 18th..), to find a suitable
> serverroom in between the two main talk rooms, so that we can plan the video
> network setup (how many meters of network cables we'll need, etc). Could you
> please be so kind and arrange a time+date for that visit?

Not sure if I will be in Cáceres during those dates because I have to
travel to Jerez de los Caballeros, but Anto could probably arrange
that visit.

> The video setup will be a lot like at DC8, though we might do some changes, so
> we can review videos during the talks, when new videos are recorded. We are
> good with encoding machines (brought by Ben) and simple dv-grabbing machines
> (brought by Wouter and me), but we still need a fileserver (and storage) plus
> two machines captable of running dvswitch with picture in picture (dual-core
> cpu with 2ghz or such).

Not very likely we can borrow those 2 machines and the fileserver... :(

Best regards,
César.