Re: [Debconf-team] Open DebConf Day Talks

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 11:10:41PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Especially we need registered talks marked "DebianDay".  Currently
> > there is not that much to select from ...
>
> But there are some talks we mentioned in the rating process that could
> be best suited for DebianDay.

Yes - these are potential candidates for DebianDay

> > I'm sorry - I'm against sending suggestions in private mail.
> > Please enforce people to use penta.  I'm not in the mood to
> > proxy filling in a penta form if there is no strong reason
> > why the submitter can not do it himself.
>
> I think we won't be able to escape the fact. Sponsors will probably
> just say "I want a talk slot". We don't have to specify the full
> details, we basically need the most basic details. We don't need to be
> extra-picky!

Well, what I tried to express above is a personal opinion and my
announcement that *I* *personally* do not volunteer to nurse people
who want to hold a talk but are not able to register this event in
Penta.  Honestly: A person who wants to hold a talk at DebConf /
DebianDay should be technically able to use a relatively simple
web form.  So I see no reason not to stick to Penta registration -
but I will not object if somebody else will volunteer and copy the
information from any other medium to Penta.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de