Re: [Debconf-team] Open DebConf Day Talks

Andreas Tille dijo [Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:32:01PM +0200]:
> On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 01:02:54AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > Jimmy and I talked and decided that decided there's no reason that the
> > talks shouldn't be scheduled through Penta via the usual mechanisms.
> > So unless someone proposes a better way, we'll go with that for now.
>
> I'm also in favour of Penta.

Completely, there is no reason not to use it.

> > Then, we need to all work on getting them the talks to select and
> > schedule from.
>
> Especially we need registered talks marked "DebianDay".  Currently
> there is not that much to select from ...

But there are some talks we mentioned in the rating process that could
be best suited for DebianDay.

Today was a mostly hectic day for me — Tomorrow afternoon I will dive
into the DB and get all the talks where we mentioned DebianDay.

> I'm sorry - I'm against sending suggestions in private mail.
> Please enforce people to use penta.  I'm not in the mood to
> proxy filling in a penta form if there is no strong reason
> why the submitter can not do it himself.

I think we won't be able to escape the fact. Sponsors will probably
just say "I want a talk slot". We don't have to specify the full
details, we basically need the most basic details. We don't need to be
extra-picky!

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23