[Debconf-team] Early arrival, car hire, sponsorship etc.

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get to the point where I can book flights, so perhaps some
local team folks can tell me if it would be useful for me to turn up
early in order to help out with set-up.

Also, I'm willing to hire a car/people-carrier/van if that would prove
useful.

As already discussed with Sledge, I'm happy to sponsor DebConf about
1k EUR, but if I'm hiring a car would want to claim that back.  Also,
I'll be happy to setup VoIP as last year (which cost me about 250 EUR
last year -- hopefully less this year).

So, should I turn up on the 15th? or even the 14th, 13th ...?  It strikes
me that if I'm going to make a useful contribution on the 15th, I'll
need to fly on the 14th, so will need somewhere to sleep in that case.

Should I hire a car, and if so, what type would be most useful (a
people-carrier seems likely to be most useful, but they cost quite a
lot to hire, so I don't want to do that and find that it's not needed)

If I hire, would I be better hiring locally (with the bonus of being
able to go into the hire place and add drivers) or from Madrid (which
is likely to be cheaper).  Alternatively, if it's better for a local to
hire, I'm happy to help out with driving duties.

Cheers, Phil.