Re: [Debconf-team] Question regarding attending the debconf

(this was stuck in the mod queue and answered on irc, I'm replying
here just so we can point others here.)

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:27:22AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Dear team,
>
> I would like to attend Debian's Debconf, but it seems that there may
> be some fee to be paid to be able to attend the conference.

Anyone can attend all of the talks for free.  You can also develop,
etc with us for free.  This is thanks to all of our sponsors.

The thing is, you need somewhere to stay and to eat... the
registration deadline is to get sponsored (free) food+accommodation.
("Independent" category).

After the deadline (which has indeed passed), you have to register as
corporate or professional.  Professional (300e) basically helps us pay
for food+lodging, corporate helps sponsor us a little bit more.  After
the deadline, you can also attend without paying us by selecting
"non-hosted independent", but you have to arrange your own lodging and
food.  For this, it's probably best/cheaper to just register as
professional and stay with us...

I really hope you can make it -- I think even after the deadline, the
price is still great.  I hope this helps.

- Richard