Re: [Debconf-team] defining final dates for DebConf 9

About the defintive debconf dates for this year...

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:33:49PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It would be nice having definitive dates for DebConf9 for the sake of
> everybody wanting to plan the holidays.
>
> So far we have this:
> http://debconf9.debconf.org/dates.xhtml
>

> Thursday  16   - start DebCamp
> Wednesday 22  - Arrival day
> Thursday  23  - 1st Day of DebConf
> Friday    24  - 2nd Day of DebConf
> Saturday  25  - Open DebConf day (formerly known as Debian Day)
> Sunday    26  - Day trip
> Monday    27  - 3rd Day of DebcConf
> Tuesday   28  - 4th idem
> Wednesday 29  - 5th idem
> Thursday  30  - 6th idem
> Friday    31  - Departure day
>
> We can not have the venue in August, so we are forced to end DebConf on the
> 31th (departure day).

After some discussion in the last meeting the dates are now:

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:08:00PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:

> up to 23rd:     DebCamp continuing for participants
> Thursday 23rd:  Arrival day for DebConf, and last day of DebCamp
> Friday 24th:    DebConf day 1, also Open Day
> Saturday 25th:  DebConf day 2
> Sunday 26th:    DebConf day 3: Day Trip
> Monday 27th:    DebConf day 4
> Tuesday 28th:   DebConf day 5
> Wednesday 29th: DebConf day 6
> Thursday 30th:  DebConf day 7, last night for sponsored accommodation
> Friday 31st:    Cleanup, leave

and DebConf is again a week like in previous years.

I have updated the website page mentioned above with these dates

http://debconf8.debconf.org/dates.xhtml.en

I did not want to wait because some people might be already doing their travel
plans.  I think I got right the template system, my apologies to the webmaster
if I did break something ! :)

Ana