Re: [Debconf-team] Updates on www.debconf.org

Stephen Gran dijo [Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 08:20:39PM +0000]:
> Speaking for myself, I prefer not having to set up a website on an engine
> that is so slow it needs a proxy to an application server to be useful -
> this includes zope/plone, basically anything java, and any more mongrel
> based systems, as well as several others.  This is not a no, it's a
> "please don't ask" request.  The other admins may have differing opinions,
> of course.
>
> If people can find something useful with those caveats, I'm happy to set
> it up when you let me know.

I am of the opinion that using a proper, widely-used CMS and not a
hackish VCS-to-static-HTML system will ease the workflow and allow for
more people to take part in working with content. I have been
administering several Drupal-based sites, and feel it very adequate -
and very customizable via the huge amounts of modules available. I
feel such systems help structure the page better than wikis (i.e. as
used for DC7). Drupal is being actively maintained in Debian, also.

How would you (admins, other team members) feel about Drupal?

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23