Re: [Debconf-team] Updates on www.debconf.org

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:27:57AM +0100, martin f krafft said:
> I hope someone has experience and time to put a proper
> content-management system in place, one that allows us to do edits
> in one place, avoid redundancy, and ideally get a publication
> workflow.
>
> Even though I am experienced with Plone, I doubt our sysadmins will
> install it, and I wouldn't want to use it anyway, to be honest. I am
> looking forward to learning Django, but that's far away.

Speaking for myself, I prefer not having to set up a website on an engine
that is so slow it needs a proxy to an application server to be useful -
this includes zope/plone, basically anything java, and any more mongrel
based systems, as well as several others.  This is not a no, it's a
"please don't ask" request.  The other admins may have differing opinions,
of course.

If people can find something useful with those caveats, I'm happy to set
it up when you let me know.

Cheers,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Schshschshchsch.   -- The Gorn,         |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | "Arena", stardate 3046.2                |