Re: [Debconf-team] Update on sponsorship?

Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 09:34:29PM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
>> Joerg,
>>
>> Is it too much to ask for an update on what's going on with the
>> sponsorship money?
>>
>> I'm a sponsoree, a member of the organization team and a member of the
>> sponsorship committee; you would think I'd know what's going on and yet
>> I have absolutely no clue.

AFAIK an update is in the works...

>> I think it's reasonable to ask (and get an answer!) for more information
>> about the status and the delay.

Right.

>> The fact that we don't have meetings anymore shouldn't be an excuse for
>> not being transparent about this.
>>
>> You obviously have some spare Debian time, enough to propose
>> non-critical changes to the project.
>> Please try to devote some of it on informing your peers about important
>> stuff such as this...

Hmm, I do think many people think different kinds of membership in the
project is far more important than DebConf reimbursement. Of course if
one is personally waiting for money that might be different...

> I mailed to herb@debconf.org about this exact issue and no unexpectedly, my
> mail was ignored.
> Today talking with some localteam people I have gathered part of the
> sponsorship money is in Argentina and in case you do not know, it is handled
> by "via libre" a very reliable foundation but very slow burocratically.
>
> I am sure Ganneff knows more, but he is too busy now reading -project (but not
> answering, thought).

I don't think these ad hominem attacks do any good.

Anyway, AFAIK the slow burocratic process means that it's hard to
impossible to start the reimbursement payouts and an update informing
everyone is in the works.

Cheers

Luk