Re: [Debconf-team] Update on sponsorship?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 09:34:29PM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> Joerg,
>
> Is it too much to ask for an update on what's going on with the
> sponsorship money?
>
> I'm a sponsoree, a member of the organization team and a member of the
> sponsorship committee; you would think I'd know what's going on and yet
> I have absolutely no clue.
>
> I think it's reasonable to ask (and get an answer!) for more information
> about the status and the delay.
>
> The fact that we don't have meetings anymore shouldn't be an excuse for
> not being transparent about this.
>
> You obviously have some spare Debian time, enough to propose
> non-critical changes to the project.
> Please try to devote some of it on informing your peers about important
> stuff such as this...

I mailed to herb@debconf.org about this exact issue and no unexpectedly, my
mail was ignored.
Today talking with some localteam people I have gathered part of the
sponsorship money is in Argentina and in case you do not know, it is handled
by "via libre" a very reliable foundation but very slow burocratically.

I am sure Ganneff knows more, but he is too busy now reading -project (but not
answering, thought).

Ana