Re: [Debconf-team] Some thoughts: DebianDay

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:10:53PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Margarita Manterola dijo [Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 01:41:39PM -0300]:
> > 1) Do *NOT* do it at the end of DebConf.  This was a BIG mistake on
> > our side, we were too tired to do things properly, and it took away
> > one resting day for us.
> > 2) Do *NOT* do it at a different venue.  DebianDay was not recorded
> > because it was too much effort to setup everything again there.
> Of course, this is the first time it's done at the end and somewhere
> else - but it made sense, after all. There are way more potentially
> interested people in Buenos Aires than in Mar del Plata; I guess that
> holding DebianDay at Mar del Plata at the beginning of DebcConf would
> not have attracted even a third of the attendance we got.
>
> Maybe something that could be pondered, if we ever get conditions
> similar to this years' (i.e. having JRSL, a major local general Free
> Software conference, starting one day after DebianDay), it would be
> even better to merge DebianDay into the other conference, as a series
> of talks taking over one of their days. I think most conference
> organizers would be most delighted to have it so!

Like a debian-miniconf attached to the main conference in LCA style.
That would probably be better, though in the particular case of this
year might still have posed difficulties as the JRSL dates were set
relatively late and it would have made for a longer total trip than I
imagine many debconf attendees could have managed.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.