Re: [Debconf-team] Roaming VoIP was not possible (was: After DebConf Press release?)

Margarita Manterola dijo [Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 03:16:35PM -0300]:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > No, that was not possible. I tried at various times.
> > (this is not a criticism)
>
> I didn't try it, cause I'm not too knowledgeable in this area, but
> paravoid mentioned that he was able to roam with his phone.  I think
> he wasn't using _our_ VoIP system, though.

I did, but yes, not through DebConf's VoIP but using my personal
account. At least that can assure I had consistent, constant network
coverage at least between 4th and 7th floor (don't remember taking it
down to 1st). And, of course, going by the stairs, not by the elevator.

Which died after a couple of days - but -sigh- that was another thing
completely ;-)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23