Re: [Debconf-team] Roaming VoIP was not possible (was: After DebConf Press release?)

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 15:25, martin f krafft wrote:
> > I didn't try it, cause I'm not too knowledgeable in this area, but
> > paravoid mentioned that he was able to roam with his phone.
> > I think he wasn't using _our_ VoIP system, though.
> I am willing to say that my Wifi card/driver are at fault.

Roaming for me worked the very most of the time, I'd say >90% when changing
floors (usually 3, sometimes 7 levels). But thats really not that unusual if
the dhcp lease time is long enough. I guess a contributing factor to the
nicely working wireless was simply the relativly low number of clients ;-)

AFAIK paravoids phone is a voip client which has wireless.

regards,
	Holger