Re: [Debconf-team] [Debian-NYC] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 07:52:28PM -0300, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> [2008.08.11.1909 -0300]:
> > I hereby propose New York City. Our proposal currently has a wiki page
> > here, answering many of the questions from the location checklist:
> >
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/NewYork
>
> Very brave. I added some comments, which may be a little, uh,
> challenging. Feel free to remove them if you address the issues.
>
> I am personally very opposed to a DebConf in the US, mainly because
> I wouldn't be able to attend, but mostly because I don't approve at
> all about how the US treats its visitors at "Immigration and
> Naturalization Services". Now that I made this explicit though,
> I will shut up and not get in your way.

Martin,
as a US citizen I (and many others, particularly those involved in
freedom-loving groups like FSF, EFF, FLOSS projects, etc.) do not like
our policies either but the masses here are less interested in freedom
these days. So I understand those objections and can only hope that the
next leader, with our insisting, will travel back on the road to sanity
and freedom. Hope to see any many debianites as possible.
Cheers,
Kev

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|