Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: 1st DRAFT DC8 press release

Quoting martin f krafft (madduck@debconf.org):

> > Just heard you have keynotes, and thought that they should be by
> > definition of interesting?
>
> I don't think they're interesting. I think they're actually
> controversial, especially the one by Mark. I'd prefer to just leave

As one of the "keynote" speakers, I'd vote to *not* mention them as
special events.

A talk by the DPL is something that's quite usual in Debconfs now.

The same stands for BDale's talk (whatever general interest it might
have and any talk by BDale has).

I'll not develop about my own keynote but it it barely something that
was asked by organizers to me and which might even be more deceptive
than anything else because having a talk was not the first thing I planned
to do at Debconf.

And, as Martin noticed, Mark's talk to be qualified as a keynote might
be quite controversial (while I personnally feel it deserves to be
mentioned as an important eventà.

Hope this will help cooking up that press release....