Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: 1st DRAFT DC8 press release

Hi!

martin f krafft schrieb:

> Mar Del Plata to host 9th Debian developer conference

Hmmm... Didn't it use to the be just the "Debian conference"?  (Note the
missing "developer".)

>   * 100 talks and tutorial sessions scheduled.

100?  Then why does
https://penta.debconf.org/dc8_schedule/events.en.html only list ~50?
(Even if there are really 100 events, you get to the above list by
clicking the link you have later in your press release; and that will at
least lead to confusion.)

> Over 100 events have been scheduled with speakers from all parts
> of the world.

Any "community celebrities" which could be mentioned?

> The full schedule is available on the conference website:
>   https://penta.debconf.org/dc8_schedule/
>
> Jörg Jaspert of the organiser team is excited: "Of all the Debian

If you use en_US (which the rest of your mail seems to be) it's
organizer. (Did a native speaker already looked over that? They always
detect some germisms ;)

> conferences I have experienced, this is the best prepared. Thank you
> to the local team for all their work!"

Shouldn't that be either "'Thank you!' to the local team ..." or "Thanks
to the local team..."?

Some general notes:
- AFAIK you introduced keynotes this year; shouldn't they mentioned?
- Maybe you could add something about Debian turning 15 during the
conference (and if something special is planed for that)?
- Please mention that the sessions will be streamed (as good as
possible) and if participation via IRC is possible (that's very
important to those unable to attend directly)

Hmmm...  Joey, should that be send to -announce or -news?  With no good
reason beside my "Bauchgefühl" I tend to the later.

BTW:  What's your plan for an "after show" pr?  Someone is going to
collect interesting developments which could be mentioned?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

PS:  Bonus points, if someone creates the wml-file so I just have to add
it to the webpage and send it to the Debian list ;)