Re: [Debconf-team] Still possible to register for debconf?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

> I was reading your debconf8 (http://debconf8.debconf.org) site and got
> under the impression that "everything is finished" and that there is no
> possibility for me to participate neither on the Debconf8 nor the Debian
> Day series of talks.

You can't give an official talk in DebConf8, but you can still give
unofficial talks.  The schedule for DebianDay is not yet finished, but
will be finished soon, so if you plan to give a talk during DebianDay,
you should submit it ASAP.

> BTW, what does it take to be a sponsor of the debconf, if they are still
> needed/wanted? I have some savings and I could be a Steel Sponsor or a
> supporter or, depending on whether I can get support from the
> institution where I am a Computer Science professor, be something more
> visible (that would be the "Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie", São
> Paulo campus).

You can still sign in as a DebConf participant, but you will have to
pay for your stay (300 USD the week).  Paying for your stay is a way
of "sponsoring" DebConf.  If you want to help even a bit more, you can
go for the "Corporate" (1000 USD) option.

--
Besos,
Marga