Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsor Categories

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 12:44:31AM -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We've just been throwing around a few ideas with Marcela Tiznado for
> sponsorship categories to encourage current (and future) sponsors to
> go a step further in their funding in return for special placement in
> the conference.
>
> This is just an initial draft, and I'm sure we're missing quite a few
> things that have been discussed on IRC, so feel free/encouraged to add
> or modify the current proposed items.
>
> The values of each category where based on what sponsors funded in dc7.
>
> We should also have a draft of the sponsor pack document in the following weeks.

Link: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf8/SponsorsCategories

Since we'll be adding the sponsors soon to the webpage. What to do about this?
I remember we discussed this last year too close to the conference, and we
planned talk about it with more time this year. I think the time is _now_.

FWIW, I think it is a good idea, right now comes to my mind 3 conferences
doing this:

* Akademy, aka KDE conference: http://akademy.kde.org/sponsors/
* GUADEC, aka GNOME conference: http://www.guadec.org/sponsors
* FOSDEM, http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/sponsors