Re: [Debconf-team] Some ideas for encouraging sponsors

Hi!

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:17:50PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> I know each community is different, and although not so distant... How
> many people did expect full proceedings this year at YAPC? (I know I
> complained about it ;-) ) Or, Debconf people: How many people
> requested the proceedings this year?

Hm, for YAPC, I personally know of ~3 people who would have liked to get
proceedings. There might be some more who didn't tell me :-)
Plus, there are probably some people who'd appreciate proceedings, but
didn't miss them much either.

Our idea was to put as much effort as possible into the conference
itself. The proceedings would have taken quite some time (and money)
to produce, so they were the first thing we dropped.

> > We were discussing this too, also some sponsors could be interested in
> > having a "job fair" to recruit some geeks from the crowd. In CafeConf
> > we've seen a stand from an outsourcing company (based in Buenos Aires)
> > which was there with that intent. Intel came to mind too, with their
> > big development center in Córdoba.

I'd say that the Job Fair was a success. Some people actually changed
jobs becuase of it. It also was an oppertunity for companies to present
themselves, without it looking to much like simple advertisments.

So we managed to get some (a lot!) money from companies, they got a full
day of presence on the conference (used partly for finding employees,
partly to just show that they are there), and we didn't completly "sell
out" :-)

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                              http://domm.plix.at