Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from the last meeting

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2007.09.19.1940 +0100]:
> About Money Transfers:
>   Money stuff is a bit complicated in Argentina.  They charge us a
> minimum fixed amount per transfer, and thus it doesn't make much sense
> to receive many small transfers, but rather few big transfers.
>   Apparently, the problems that we had this year with SPI won't be
> much of a problem next year, since there's a "delegation" in place
> that allows us to deal with DebConf money without much trouble from
> the the SPI treasurer.
>   Also, apparently, SPI will be implementing a way of paying them by
> Credit Card which would be useful for our paying attendees (see
> below).
>   So, we should have a small list of accounts where smaller Sponsors
> would transfer the money, and then we can get it in bigger bunches.

This does not include any mention of the possibility of managing the
money outside of Argentina, which at least UBS would be willing to
do (I checked).

>   Martin Krafft will be in charge of the press team for DebConf8, but
> he needs more locals to contact him.  He's already sent a mail to the
> localteam list [3], but nobody has replied yet.  I will send another
> one, trying to get more people to join the team.

Two people have replied with translation offers.

"we did rate the microsoft security researcher as
 less-bad than the people who prepare the carcasses for dissection in
 biology laboratories."
             -- michael moyer, executive editor of _popular science_