Re: [Debconf-team] Budget - current status

On 11029 March 1977, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Travel
> ======
> It *looks* like we'll be able to cover all of queue A. Ganneff has
> already allocated USD 20K (GBP 10,250) and will need (approximately)
> USD 14K (GBP 7,200) more to finish that queue.

Correct. 23 people are currently still waiting.  (One or two dropped out
in the last days, as we werent able to guarantee them the money. Sad,
but well, we cant guarantee stuff we dont have (yet). :) )

> We are *not* going to be covering queue B (again, unless we get more
> unexpected money very soon). We need to make sure we have the money to
> be able to *guarantee* travel sponsorship before we spend more.

Very unlikely for B, we also already told them we arent able to help,
unfortunately.

> Gunnar is organising T-shirts in Mexico, and we're proposing to
> organise paying for those and travel for some Mexican people using:
>  * money left there from DC6
>  * ~USD 2,000 sponsorship he found from a local sponsor
> I'm assuming people are happy with that - shout otherwise.

Yes, happy. :)

> We also need to make sure we account for bags to go to sponsors too -
> let's not have a repeat of the mess from last year... :-/

We had the bags, "just" not final report and stuff. :)

--
bye Joerg
<GyrosGeier> SCSI benötigt drei Terminierungen, eine am einen Ende, eine