Re: [Debconf-team] request for sponsorship!

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:17:41AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11028 March 1977, galaxico@quad-nrg.net wrote:

> > There is no problem regarding my tickets. All I ask is to
> > have your support for accommodation and food for that
> > couple of days. It would be even greater a help if this could
> > apply for an accompanying person as well.

> Sorry, but that wouldn't be fair to all those others who asked for similar
> help which we had to decline. We simply do not have the money to extend
> sponsorship in such ways, thats why we had the deadline.

Do we still have extra beds in the sponsored housing? How much are we
"selling" them for? Perhaps if we can't *sponsor* him, we can offer
something that's at least affordable so he can give his presentation *and*
see the others. It wouldn't only be hurting *him* to not help him figure
something out, but it would be hurting the entire team for not getting the
same amount of information from one bid as from the others.

I don't know how we're handling food sponsorship, but I thought we did have
a couple extra beds that we were hoping to get "sold"?

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski