Re: [Debconf-team] Teviot Update

Kevin Campbell dijo [Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:32:55PM +0100]:
> Teviot have no connection (as in no legal connection) to the second
> venue. It is entirely unrelated. There is LOS to the second venue from
> teviot, and it was noted tonight that a wireless link will work. We will
> need a directional antenna to do this and retain an adequate signal for
> a high speed connection, but I expect we should be able to get a good link.
>
> Alternatively, if anyone has access to more powerful LOS networking
> equipment, this would help somewhat.

I have two directional antennas, property of Debconf, that we bought
for Debconf 6 and never installed (because the hand-made equipment was
properly connected before they arrived - they were bought in a rush of
last-hour panic).

I'll ask Punk0 (the person who did all the connectivity setup for DC6)
to check if what I have is complete and make sure it's all I need, and
I'll take it along with me. I will arrive early on June 11th, so I
cannot promise it for the first night of Debcamp, but it's
professional grade equipment - for which we already even paid for :)

Greteings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23