Re: [Debconf-team] Teviot Update

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:35:59PM +0100, Kevin Campbell said:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:33:07PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 02:50:16PM +0100, Kevin Campbell said:
> > > Teviot Update
> > > -------------
> > >
> > > Apologies for the lack of mail updates for a while. I've attached the
> > > last numbers report sent to teviot for reference.
> > >

> > > Total Numbers: 351 Reconfirmed
> > >
> > > Late Night Access:
> > >
> > > Teviot have issues provided 24 hour access, despite prior written
> > > arrangement. An alternative venue has been agreed, located approx 50
> > > meters from the main conference venue. This will be used from 11pm
> > > onwards, when teviot will close, and will remain open until 10am.
> >
> > Will we have 24 hour access to this facility, and can it be considered a
> > 'safe' facility to leave equipment in?  If not, can you suggest how we
> > are meant to set up a second network for debconf and tear it down every
> > day?
>
> Infoseed downstairs is available for the duration. They have a
> reasonable amount of equipment on-site already. I will test the signal
> in the upstairs hall personally beforehand to see if we do need to run a
> repeater. I don't see that the restricted access will cause problems
> though.

OK, just to be clear - I wasn't trying to shoot the messenger.  I was a
little angered and shocked that this is the first we're really hearing
of this, and it probably came off as though I was mad at you.  I'm not.
Thank you for working on this, even though I am very unhappy about where
we are right now.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Poorochrondria:  Hypochrondria derived  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | from not having medical insurance.   -- |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Douglas Coupland, "Generation X: Tales  |
|                                | for an Accelerated      Culture"        |