Re: [Debconf-team] Bid requesting mail - FIRST DRAFT

> Gunnar Wolf dijo [Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 06:45:13PM -0500]:
>> Ok, please tear this apart, but quick - We are six weeks away, lets
>> give enough time to the local teams!
>> (...)
>
> No comments so far - Is this mail fine to be sent out?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244
> PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23
> Fingerprint: 0C79 D2D1 2C4E 9CE4 5973  F800 D80E F35A 8BB5 27AF

Hi all

I am a member of the Greek Debian team who has already expressed its
intention to bid for DebConf9.

Allow me therefore to point out that making a decision about the
DebConf9 venue by August-September 2007 looks a little bit hasty. Even the
presentation by the prospective teams in Edinburgh may be rather early.

Do you believe this gives enough time to candidate teams to prepare a
thorough portfolio for their candidate-ship? Could perhaps be worth
reconsidering the time frame?

I would like to know what is the opinion of the rest of the teams who
appear also willing to make a bid.

with best regards

Emmanuel Galatoulas