Re: [Debconf-team] T-shirts

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 02:34:44PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>Steve McIntyre dijo [Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:35:48AM -0500]:
>>  * 400 Ts
>>  * 2-colour front print (castle design)
>>  * 1-colour back print (sponsor logos)
>
>Ok, so short summary: We can get _substantially_ better prices - but
>there are points to take care of.
>
>We can print basically the same kind of shirts Steve proposes, for
>substantially less money - Around GBP2056 (MX$45,000) for the whole
>lot - 400 T-shirts, two colors in the front, one color in the
>back. The shirt quality is like the shirts we printed for DC6 - 190
>gram per square meter.

Hmmm. You're quoting GBP 2,056 against GBP 2,256. Unfortunately, if
you bring in a very large number of Ts you're probably going to get
hit with import duty and taxes too. That would add quite an extra
lump to the cost.

>Now, there _is_ a problem: Yes, I've lugged big bags of shirts to
>Helsinki, and am willing to do the same to Edinburgh - but my allowed
>baggage will not be enough. I estimate 400 Tshirts to be not less than
>80 Kg - I can ask other people coming from Mexico to lug part of this.
>
>Gaby is currently checking on whether we could ship the shirts without
>us carrying it over the ocean as baggage. It would surely eat up a
>good portion of the savings, and adds a factor of uncertainity, but
>it's worth looking into.

Yup, that too.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html