Re: [Debconf-team] Press team

On 10833 March 1977, Patty Langasek wrote:

>> Having just spoken to her, it looks like Patty is prepared to help in
>> the press area too, so we should have a big team for this now. :)
> So I did!

Nice.

> One thing I'd like to have established is *who* is point for the press to
> contact? I understand press@debconf.org is the contact email, but there
> should be a clear leader for this team in general - and a clear point
> contact for the press to approach (unless language barriers restrict that).
> Any ideas? Volunteers?

Currently press@ is Nattie, with me being the one who kills her nerves
by constantly asking if stuff is done. :)

So, I currently count the following people who (volunteer) for
press@debconf.org:

Nattie Mayer-Hutchings
José Parrella
Moray Allan
Patty Langasek
Andreas Barth

*I* would prefer Nattie and Patty for press@debconf.org itself, combined
with a mailing list on lists.debconf.org where everyone can participate,
suggest stuff, prepare texts for press releases which are later done by
Nattie or Patty, etc.

The contact for press stays press@debconf.org which goes into our
RT. Nattie and Patty (will) have access there to modify stuff. And to see newly
generated things (everyone can "submit" issues via that alias) to work
on...

How does that sound? If involved people like that it can be setup today
it to work that way (list creation and giving patty the RT access), if
not - maybe a IRC meeting to discuss it more? Should save some time
instead of doing it all on the list. :)

--
bye Joerg
[ New Maintainer Prozess ]