Re: [Debconf-team] Submissions for DebConf8 wanted

On 10830 March 1977, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi,

> future DebConfs should be even better prepared than they are now, thats why we
> (debconf-team) decided to plan DebConfs for two years in advance from now.

That heavily implies we are doing a bad job.

> And to achieve this, we need to plan once for one and a half years in advance
> (this means deciding around new year 2007 about DebConf8), so that at
> DebConf7 in Edinburgh, we can decide about DebConf9 - and thus, two years in
> advance :-)

Currently I dislike the idea of deciding on DebConf9 Location in
Edinburgh. Maybe 2 or 3 months after it. Still a long time then until
the Conf.

Reason - we are working on DC7 right now. The decision for DC8 is coming
soon also. And then preparing enough for a DC9 bid (Germany wants to
have a DebConf then! :) ) seems to be a bit much in my eyes currently.

> So at the last debconf-team meeting we came up with the following timeline:
> Submissions until December 31st 2006
> Clarification-Phase: until January 31st 2007
> Decission: February, the 8th 2007

Its Decision, one s, not two.

> Then, on February the 8th, we will have team-meeting on IRC to make the
> decission according to the criteria we used for the Debconf7-decission.
> (###cant find the wiki page atm :(###)

Again s/ss/s/. And team should probably have a meeting earlier, to
discuss "how" to decide then.

> So please go on and create http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8/YourCityOrCountry.

Of course all links should now go to wiki.debconf.org.

> P.S.: And off course, you can also start planning for DebConf9 now ;-)

For reasons said above I would drop that.

--
bye Joerg
Von einem Besucher auf dem LT:

Die 3 Microsoft-Leute auf Ihrem Stand müssen sich vorkommen wie 3
Mönche im Puff.