Re: [Debconf-team] Debconf6 Blog

On 10642 March 1977, Herman Robak wrote:

>> - Images should be put onto media.debconf.org. That means you should put
>>   them into svn, debconf6-data in the website/media/dc6 folder. Thats
>>   also updated every 5 minutes.
>  How about videos?  They are a little bulky to push through SVN, methinks.

Dont link them then from there, the usual videos the video team does
have the meeting-archive site.

The reason to ask for the "images on media.debconf.org" is that they
will stay online as long as the blog will, which is years (just posting
gets stopped). That way we keep it intact if we want to look at it
later. Thats not guaranteed if people put images on other sites.

As the video archive is more or less also maintained by DebConf People
thats also ok to link there. (Or use gallery.debconf.org, thats also
ok).

Well, to be honest - its ok to have the images somewhere on the net, I
cant forbid people to do it, just ask for it, but for the above
mentioned reason its preferred to have them on the debconf.org machine(s).

--
bye Joerg
* maxx hat weasel seine erste packung suse gebracht, der hat mich dafür