Re: [Debconf-team] Talk/Workshop Schedule [First Try]

On Mon, 01 May 2006, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Just to be sure, it won't get lost in the nirvana of irc:
>
> * Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> [060501 06:33]:
> > Attached is the first Talk/Workshop schedule; Assuming people have
> > specified their arrival/departure dates correctly, the talks should
> > have been put into correct slots.
>
> The following sessions have been demoted to BoF:

Can we please change these things in comas?

> > ------------------------------
> > Thu 18 16:15  Parlimentary Tower  [150-34]
> >        17:45 OpenSolaris and Debian: Can we be friends?; Phipps, Simon (48)

This is a workshop;

> > ------------------------------
> > Fri 19 16:15  Parlimentary Tower  [150-55]
> >        17:45 Debian and the Law: Selected Legal Topics for the Developer; Pomerantz, Gregory (81)

As is this.

> > First and foremost: Check your talk slot, and make sure that the slot
> > you've been scheduled is one where you and your co-authors will be
> > present for.
>
> These two sessions:
> > ------------------------------
> > Sun 14 15:20  Parlimentary Tower  [150-49]
> >        16:05 Debian's Debugging Debacle: the Debrief; Clark, Erinn (64)
> > ------------------------------
> > ------------------------------
> > Thu 18 11:55  Parlimentary Tower  [150-61]
> >        12:40 releasing in time - etch in December 06; Barth, Andi (18)
> > ------------------------------
>
> Requested an BoF right after their talk (they were proposed as Workshops; we
> splitted them to Talk+BoF, since they didn't planed to do a "real" workshop).
>
> Easiest would be to let them do the BoF in the Parlimentary Tower,
> guessing nearly all attendees of the talk will stay for the BoF.

I suggest moving these two talks to 16:15-17:45 on Friday, and
16:15-17:45 on Thursday; they can be real "workshops" then.

> > ------------------------------
> > Thu 18 14:25  Parlimentary Tower  [150-59]
> >        16:10 Debian Installer internals; Pop, Frans (32)
> > ------------------------------
>
> Frans asked for a Slot before lunch, so it might be the best to move him
> to 11:00 and the releasing in time session by Andi Barth to this
> timeslot?

He and Andi need to communicate and e-mail me to tell me that that's
what they want; I've no problem exchanging slots, but I'd rather the
people who want them to be exchanged tell me that.

Don Armstrong

--
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like colour television