Re: [Debconf-team] Re: Moving sponsorship forward with some contacts

On 10610 March 1977, Sandino Araico Sánchez wrote:

(I kicked some out of the CC, probably not interesting stuff for them follows).

> The AlposNAZ specs:
> - Rackmount chassis 3U
> - Triple redundant power source
> - SATA backplane with trays for hot swap SATA disks
> - 5 SATA 250 GB hard disks (1 TB RAID 5)
>     The maximum capacity is 15 hard disks 500 GB each
>     (7500 GB RAID 0, 7000 GB RAID 5, 6500 GB RAID 6)
> - 1 AMD opteron dual core processor
>     The maximum processing power is two dual core
>     processors (4 Opteron cores total)
> - Linux software RAID; no proprietary formats
> - LVM 2 on top of Linux RAID
> - Multi-protocol capable
>     - iSCSI (blocks protocol)
>     - NBD (blocks protocol, Linux only)
>     - GFS (Sistina Global Filesystem, now Red Hat's)
>     - NFS
>     - SMB/CIFS
>     - FTP
>     - svn
>     - HTTP/Webdav
> - Kernel 2.6 with GR Security
> - 2 Ethernet 10/100/1000 interfaces
>     The Ethetnet interfaces use their own PCI bridge
> - 2 PCI X 133 Mhz slots
>     SATA controller will use one of them
> - 1 PCI X 100 Mhz slot
> - 2 PCIe x4 slots

> It is definitely possible to put a Firewire card in one of the slots but
> we don't have the video encoding/broadcasting software; somebody else
> will have to be in charge of installing the software and making it work.
> We have enough space (however); if one TB is not enough please let me
> know ASAP.

Does that mean we can change anything on that system, ie even completly
erasing and new installation?

> Next tuesday I will now about 3Com's interest in sponsoring with 5
> 48-port switches. I don't know if they are interested in Debian at all
> but there's another possibility (instead of the driver) that they could
> be interested in having their logo printed in official materials (like
> any other regular sponsorship).

For that they need to be fast (or t-shirts are in production).

--
bye Joerg
<lenny> schneidet nie chilis und wascht euch dann _nicht_ die hände und reibt euch dann an der nase.