Re: [Debconf-team] Prices for connecting via Cablemás

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:58:50AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jair just sent me the pricing for the Cablemás lines:
>
> - Setup fee: MX$285
> - 1Mbps service (per month): MX$618
> - 2Mbps service (per month): MX$1770
> - Early cancellation fee: MX$290
> - Installation time: 5 or 6 working days (working days means Monday to
>   Friday)
>
> So each 1Mbps line would cost us MX$1193, and each 2Mbps would be
> MX$2345 - I suggest we hire five 2Mbps services. If possible, I would
> also suggest to have something via Telmex (DSL), just to be sure.
>
> We can receive the lines either at Oaxtepec itself (pros: We are
> there, no wireless link needed, we control the infrastructure) or at
> Fabio's cafe (pros: He has other connectivity options, so we could beg
> him for help if all else fails ;-) ), or maybe even half and half.

how involved is it to do lots of half-and-half? some Telmex, some
Cablemás, some going over Fabio's cafe (is he with one of those
providers himself?)

I recall that having different connections in .br helped basic
services a lot.

has someone from out team done this kind of routing before and
would enjoy to do some uml/xen setup at home to practice? (c:

/andreas