[Debconf-team] Debconf / Congreso Seguridad en Cómputo

[Semi-billingual mail - skip the quote if your don't read Spanish,
don't be afraid]

jgervacio@seguridad.unam.mx dijo [Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:34:07PM -0600]:
> ---------- Confidencial --------------
> Pues no veo por ahi el Programa de conferencias por lo que propongo a los
> siguientes ponentes:
> (a algunos se les ha hecho la invitacion en otras ocasiones)
>
> - H D Moore <hdm@metasploit.com> Metasploit Project
> - Mudge a.k.a. Pieter Zatko
> - Martin Roesch <roesch@sourcefire.com> Sourcefire
> - Lance Spitzner<lance@honeynet.org> Honeynet Project
> - Fyodor <fyodor@insecure.org> Nmap
>
> Se vale soñar :D

    In this quote, good Gervacio gives some big security names as
    suggestions on who to invite to the Seguridad en Cómputo
    conference, Mexico's oldest and most important security-related
    conference, chiefly organized by Mexico's most important
    University, UNAM (where I happen to work, and by a team of my
    friends, DSC ;-) )

Giving some elements to make it easier to dream on: Some of you know
that DebConf6 [1] will take place during the same period of time than
Seguridad en Cómputo [2].

This is a good opportunity to get some synnergy. DSC guys: Take a look
at who is scheduled to give a formal talk at DebConf [3], as well as
other people who submitted material which might be included as BoFs
[4]. Look at the people who are coming [5] (we still have not
confirmed with them - Anyway :) ). Is there something we have in
Debconf you would like to see in Seguridad en Cómputo?

For starters, the people here listed will be in Mexico. You can get in
touch with them directly or via the Debconf6 team. But further still,
I know you are all good guys and want to get the benefits also to us
;-) I am sure we can put DSC/DGSCA's good experience and logistics to
use for Debconf6. This is no small conference, it is the seventh
edition of a worldwide development gathering, and we expect at least
to get 300 people. Is DGSCA interested in appearing as
sponsor/participant with us?

Ok, you all know how to get me ;-) I'll be bugging Juan Carlos on the
phone shortly - Make your wishlist known to him!

Greetings,

[1] http://www.debconf.org/

[2] http://congreso.seguridad.unam.mx/security2006/index.php

[3] http://www.debconf.org/about/talks/talks.html