Re: debconf6 video and infrastructure wishlist and notes

Holger Levsen dijo [Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 06:04:39PM +0100]:
> > What we _should_ do is to add to Comas another field: What software
> > (maybe even hardware) do you need us to provide for your presentation?
>
> excellent idea!
>
> at the moment we have:
>
> 	        resource acroread "Acrobat Reader"
>                 resource evince "Evince"
>                 resource xpdf "Xpdf"
>                 resource istanbul "Istanbul (#316503), or something similar"
>                 resource mozilla "Mozilla"
>                 resource firefox "FireFox"
>                 resource konqueror "Konqueror"
>                 resource opera "Opera"
>                 resource ooorg2 "OpenOffice.org v2"
>
> I guess we can add "sid chroot with X" and "I want to use my own notebook,
> have istanbul installed, a working vga-out and will deal with all troubles
> myself" to that list :-)
>
> (Istanbul records x11-sessions to ogg...)

I think we can do it easier... I was thinking on something like:

"What Debian packages do you need us to install in order to present
your talk? The packages must be either in Sid's main or contrib. If
you want to use your own laptop, make sure you have istanbul installed
and a working vga-out, and be ready to deal with all the details
yourself"

Just get a comma-separated list of packages, and that's it. It's easy
to parse.

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23