Re: Oaxtepec news: Formal quote / menus

* Rudy Godoy <rudy@kernel-panik.org> [2005-10-05 02:14:43]:

> El d?a 04/10/2005 a 10:44 gwolf@iiec.unam.mx escribio ...
>
> > Gah... This list server does not like me :( I sent this mail ~ a week ago...
> > Anyway, here it goes (from a different place):
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> -----
> >
> > From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
> > To: debconf6-team@lists.debconf.org
> > Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:26:05 -0500
> > Subject: Oaxtepec news: Formal quote / menus
> >
> > Hi world!
> >
> > Let me redirect your attention this way:
> >
> > http://gwolf.org/files/debconf/oaxtepec_quote.pdf
> > http://gwolf.org/files/debconf/oaxtepec_menu.pdf
> > http://gwolf.org/files/debconf/oaxtepec_vegetarian_menu.pdf
> >
> > And please, remember my report [1] some weeks ago.
> >
> > I'm sorry, I only got this in Spanish... If somebody can help
> > translating this, help will be most welcome.
> >

> Just to be brief. Mexican food has a lot of meat, chicken and cheese
> in their plates, its mixed with vegetables and potatoes. They do also
> have pasta variants. Quite different from Brazil though (just for
> reference).
> Latter we can have a better (word by word translation) but I didn't
> understand some ingredients name since they are so mexican that no one
> but them understand :D.
>
> The normal menu:
> Breakfast:
> - juice or milk with cornflakes or yogurt with fruits/cornflaks
>
> - eggs in many variants
> - fried chicken with sauces
> - mixed cheese with tomatoes and potatoes salad
> - bread with bacon and cheese
>
> includes bread, butter and honey

they dont have duche de leche? :-(
why are we having a debconf in (south) america and no duche de
leche, anyway? can we still move it to argentinia or so?

> Gunnar, those options are fixed? I mean they'll serve only them. I
> think for vegans we can arrange with some ingredients from both, but
> specially from the vegetarian, and try to set "alternatives" so they
> can eat properly and not get bored. I don't know how they take
> "self-service".

do these people perhaps accept some coaching regarding vegan and
vegitarian cooking/cuisine? usually it is not so hard and you can
wipe up perfectly vegan stuff without much/any overhead.